Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spotlight - Procrastination

Procrastination is not always my friend. In fact, it is not often my friend. But in this particular circumstance it was a very good friend.

Last fall, I didn't get around to cleaning out my flower pots before the snow came. They sat on my patio and gradually were buried beneath what seemed like mountains of snow this past winter.

As I wandered through my back yard this afternoon (don't be deceived, it is not so big) I noticed these pots. In two of the pots, last summer's curvy spiky plants caught my eye (no idea of the name - just buy plant-type things based on how they look). One of them had died but the other had new green shoots. I could hardly believe it! Not only did this crazy thing overwinter, but the other crazy thing was really quite beautiful in its wonderfully weathered, albeit dead, state.

See, sometimes it pays off to put things off, but hardly ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment