Thursday, July 7, 2011

Engaged and Engaging

I've recently had the delight of doing an engagement shoot for my lovely niece and her fiance. They were easy to take pictures of, easy on the eyes and easy going too. This is not the type of photography I usually do nor is it something I'm looking to get into on a more regular basis but I have to say, it was a fun day.

I've noticed that I don't often take pictures head on. What I mean by that is most often I'll try and take pictures of the subjects interacting with each other or their environment. I think it shows more of who they are rather than just staring straight ahead. This also renders me relatively out of demand for things like wedding and portrait photography, which seems to work fine, given my wee niche and great passion in the photography world.

Here are a couple of shots along with some cute quotes that seem to work well with the images.

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.  ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally

 

Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold.  ~Zelda Fitzgerald
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos, I love the one with the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots and i love the concept of them holding the &

    ReplyDelete