Friday, September 9, 2011

Autumn's Court

The temperature is summer's but the court is autumn's. The crunch beneath my feet says it is so. The deserted beach echos this back to me. I don't feel ready, not yet. I'm not ready to let go of summer's heat, the walk out the door without the added weight of a coat and boots, the extended daylight hours...not yet. It has been an exceptional summer: many sunny days, high temps and no mosquitoes.

But autumn comes...and with it, cozy sweaters, steaming cups of coffee, slippers waiting at the side of my bed and a beautiful wash of colours over the sun-scorched trees and grasses. Maybe it isn't so bad. Maybe it is more about being thankful for the exceptional summer we've had and at the end of the day, when autumn comes, it too will have its charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment