Saturday, October 15, 2011

Belly Photography

When I say belly photography, I am not referring to the photography of someone's belly, especially not my own. Rather, I am referring to getting your own self down, belly to the ground, to get the shot that will not be gotten any other way. It is a whole new way of seeing, a fresh perspective that offers opportunity for some interesting photography.

Try it. Grab your camera (if you have a macro or zoom lens, use it) and go outside on your balcony or patio or deck or patch of grass, and lie down, belly to the ground.  Start looking through your viewfinder and see what you see. Interesting, no?


5 comments:

  1. LOL I've gotten wet clothes so many times taking "belly shots" of mushrooms and the like, while prone in the dew. And, I look forward to changing my shirt dozens of times in the future because I'm satisfied with the results. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect we are not the only photogs with dirt on our bellies! Here's to getting the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo composition.

    I read on First Friday's website that you have some art that is being displayed during their events. I'm writing an article for The Projector, Red River College's student newspaper, and was wondering if you would be interested in an interview. I would love to find out more about your participation in the event and about your work!

    If you're interested, you can e-mail me at jackie.doming@me.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you!

    Sincerely,

    Jackie Doming

    ReplyDelete