Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Forks

We enjoyed a break in the clouds yesterday. A perfect place to savor the sunshine in the city is The Forks, where the Assiniboine River and Red River meet. Market places, patio restaurants, buskers, outdoor festivals, boat rides are just some of the offerings found at this junction.

To get this shot (taken from the bridge), I used my 24-70mm f2.8 lens. I shot at a speed of 1/200 sec @ f/13. Using a large depth of field was important to having as much of the scene in focus as possible. For me, the sky was just as significant to the picture as The Forks, for it is both interesting and draws attention to The Forks and surrounding buildings with the clouds and the plane trails. I added layers in processing to enhance the image further.

This was just a fun picture to take! The contrasts between hard and soft and also in the colours present were irresistible. Blowing out the sky in some measure was necessary to have adequate exposure for the light standard. Even with that, I still bumped up the standard's brightness and scaled back the exposure of the sky in processing to get the end result I was after.

No comments:

Post a Comment