Friday, June 29, 2012

Sugar Coated

Everything is better with sugar! Well, maybe not everything but a little sugar coating goes a long way.


I did not use any layers for this image but did fade out the colours and bumped up the exposure in Lightroom. The strong red in the original capture was not the softness that I was seeing.

Sometimes when I take a photo I see it differently than how it actually is. Well, this is true for a lot of dud shots but what I am referring to now is seeing with my heart and possibility, not my eyes alone. The mood is present in capture, even if based on my perspective, my heart.

I wonder if this is similar to thinking in a different language than we grew up with. It is certainly thinking and seeing in a new way, a different way than the many years I lived without a camera.

1 comment: