Monday, July 2, 2012

Fields and Water and a Big Prairie Sky

I am thankful for our big prairie sky that blankets our golden fields and shimmering lakes. How beautiful!


Today I will share an important tip when taking these kinds of images: be sure your horizon is straight! Always, always, unless you're going for a particularly artsy shot, make sure your horizon is level. There is nothing more distracting than seeing a beautiful landscape photo with the horizon askew. When I started out in photography I paid no attention to this and the result was telling. Shots are improved immediately when we pay attention to the horizon.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very good tip! You're right, an unintendedly crooked horizon can ruin a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site! ;-)

    ReplyDelete