Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beauty from Brokenness

This morning I chose to wander with my camera instead of going for a power-walk. As it turns out, it was just as good for my heart...maybe even better.

On my hikes and walks, I much prefer to bring a lighter lens. I used my 60 mm macro lens for this shot. I chose an aperture of f/4.5 with a shutter speed of 1/100. Once on my computer I brought this into Photoshop and applied a texture layer, one in a Driftwood series I particularly like. After application, I erased some texture from the petals using an opacity of 50%.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad I found your website, your pictures are amazing!;-) i follow your blog for a couple of weeks, but seeing that picture made me write a comment. I'm not quite convinced to texture, I prefer original background, but still pic is gorgeous;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Depending on my own thoughts and subsequent feelings at the time of composition and processing, I will apply texture or not. Sometimes this adds a little chaos and sometimes it softens or quietens what is already chaotic. Keep checking back. I'm sure you'll see some more images that are without added layers and textures.

      Be well,
      Carla

      Delete