Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Light's Presence

The light that bounced off the tips of the tulips and edges of the leaves caught my eye. The shadows remained but the light resonated, deeply.

There have been dark shadows cast with the difficult and tragic events that have unfolded or collided with our lives over the past days and weeks. I think what drew me to the light on these tulips was the hope it symbolized for love and goodness and healing in a world where shadows remain.

What I was reminded of when I looked at these flowers was that shadows prove Light's presence. Something may be standing in the way of Light's reach but Light is surely present. I just may have to move a little to see it or, maybe, sometimes, I will need to get out of the way so another's view of Light is not blocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment